This wonderful recipe is served at Miznon restaurants and a creation of the renowned Israeli Chef, Eyal Shani.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 tsp olive oil
- To prep the cauliflower, slightly cut the base while keeping the leaves intact (make sure to enjoy these as they are packed full of goodness and often go to waste)
- Bring a pot of very salty water to a rolling bubble and boil the cauliflower for about 7 minutes. It’s ready when you’re able to pierce it with a fork, but still feels a little firm.
- Take the cauliflower out of the water and place on a baking tray to cool.
- Once cooled, rub the cauliflower thoroughly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in a preheated oven (480 ºF) until beautifully golden brown.
- Serve warm with an additional drizzle of olive oil and pinch of salt.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fibre and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer.