This easy, protein-packed breakfast option can be prepped the night before so that you can wake up and enjoy immediately.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 cup soy milk (or nut milk of your choice - preferably unsweetened)
- ½ cup oatmeal (organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 medium banana
- Mash the banana in your breakfast bowl before adding other ingredients and stirring well.
- Once everything is mixed together, cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day stir, add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
- You can eat this breakfast option cold, or heat it up to create a warming, hearty breakfast.
- Once you're familiar with the method, experiment with adding different fruits, nut butters, and seeds as toppings to keep it fresh and exciting.
- A perfect breakfast to take to work as it keeps well while you travel and can be prepared directly in your mason jar or seal-tight box. Keep your toppings in a separate box to add before eating. This will prevent the toppings from getting soggy!
Oats are highly nutritious and naturally gluten free, whole grain and a great source of vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. They can also make you feel fuller for longer, thereby helping you control your weight (and mid-morning hunger pangs).