At Go Healthy Plant-Based,we love breakfast.
- Improves energy levels and kick-starts your metabolism.
- Keeps you full till lunch time.
- Contributes to steady weight loss.
- Prevents cravings.
- Is tasty and delicious!
In addition to this, researchers have found that on average, people who eat breakfast each day are slimmer than those who don’t. This includes those who are dieting and then manage to keep the weight off long-term.
To jump-start your breakfast routine, find inspiration from our nutrient dense, plant-based breakfast ideas here:
- Organic, steel cut Oatmealor overnight oatswith toppings of your choice:
- Apples (raw or stewed in a little boiling water)
- Cacao Powder
- Chia seeds
- Flax Seeds
- Whole grain, sugar free cerealwith your preference of unsweetened plant-based milk. (Ezekiel 4:9is our recommended brand with a great range of flavors and ingredients.)
- Coconut Yoghurt or Acai bowl topped with fresh fruit and Granola. Find our tried & tested zero-added-sugar granola recipe by Calgary Avansino the author ofKeep It Realhereand take in mindwhen choosing your coconut yoghurt that you go for a sugar-free variety, such asCOCOYOorAbbot Kinney’s.
To make the base of your acai bowl, blend the raw powder with some frozen banana, dates and coconut water until smooth, but not runny. Once you have the consistency desired, transfer to a bowl and top with coconut flakes, granola, berries and a scoop of your favorite nut butter.
- Whole grain bread or toasttopped with any of the following combinations:
- Avocado, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt & pepper
- Peanut butter & banana slices
- Almond butter & home-made strawberry jam (or sliced fresh strawberries)
- Date honey & tahini paste
- Garlic, finely chopped tomatoes and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (commonly known as Pan con Tomáte).
Our bread of choice is a small-batch, fresh loaf of Sourdough or Rye without preservatives and added sugars. Look out for your local bread maker at the closest farmers market and see what whole grain combinations he/she has baked that week!
- Green smoothie
Make up your breakfast smoothie with ¾ greens, a cup of berries and nuts, seeds or herbs for added texture and flavour. We love Vitamixor Blendtecblenders as they are easy to use and quick to wash.
To compliment your breakfast dish with a drink, opt for herbal tea infusions, coffee with plant-based milk or room temperature, still mineral water.
By eating a whole food, plant-based breakfast, you are making the conscious decision to avoid processed alternatives and support your body's health and immune system. Make it nutritious AND delicious!